New Android Keyboard Option: ThickButtons (Beta)
ThickButtons has just released it’s beta version for Android, offering a “smarter, easier, more accurate way to type on a touchscreen phone.”
- ThickButtons predicts the next letters in the word you are typing, and makes those letters bigger.
- Predicted words/letters show up after only a couple letters have been entered, making the ability to type faster possible.
- Eases typing in portrait mode (or other small screens).
- Similar keyboard to stock keyboard, so not much to get used to.
- Since the letters actually change size after each letter you type, this can create mistypes as letters seem to “move”.
- Words not in the dictionary (and there seem to be a good plenty) require you to type normally without any prediction capabilities, which may be frustrating.
- Scan the QR code below and test out ThickButtons! What do you think of it as an alternative to the stock Android keyboard? How does it compare to other options currently out there like Swype?
Related Reviews & Articles: